May 16, 2012

Be Strong in the Lord

Last Sunday morning during the invitation time we sang a song called, "Be Strong in the Lord" and it made me recall a verse, Eph. 6:10, "Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power," which has been such an encouragement to me this past week. Earlier that morning, one of our church members talked about his upcoming deployment and it made me worry about when my husband has to leave, how it will change our lives for 6 (+) months, and how I'm going to handle things when Steve is gone. The song and verse was a wonderful reminder that I should not worry (because that is sin), but I should rely on God's power and in His strength that He graciously gives to His children. Praise the Lord!

I can also apply this verse to every day life with the constant changes in schedules, Steve's training, our upcoming move across country... ...all these things I can give to the Lord and rest in Him for wisdom, strength, and courage!

"Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord and be of good courage for He is your Guide. Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord and rejoice for the victory is yours!"

Love,
Laura E.

No comments:

Post a Comment